10 Best Online Render Farms for Animation
Follow VFXRendering and find out the 10 best online render farms for animation in 2023.
What is 3D animation?
3D animation is a process in which we create moving images in a three-dimensional (3D) environment with the help of a software program. It gives the appearance that these digital stuff are moving through 3D space. There are several 3D software to produce animation, such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender.
Animators will use a DCC application to build and modify digital objects or employ specialized hardware such as motion capture (mo-cap) devices.
3D animation has the ability to generate realistic visuals and environments that traditional 2D animation can not. Therefore, it is now widely used in a variety of industries such as TV, films, video games, and advertising.
Online Render Farms for Animation
Since 3D animation is more realistic, it takes a much longer time to produce, particularly in the rendering process.
To meet the production timelines, many studios and artists seek assistance from online render farms. With thousands of powerful CPUs and GPUs available, online render farms enable you to access huge rendering power while maximizing the quality of your animations.
In short, animators and studios can leverage the power of online render farms to speed up their render time.
10 Best Online Render Farms for Animation
First of all, we will explore 5 Overall Best Online Render Farms.
Fox Renderfarm is a world-class online render farm for animation. It provides you with a fast cloud rendering service with thousands of rendering nodes. The render farm supports a wide range of 3D software such as Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema4D, Redshift, V-Ray, Arnold, RenderMan, and Corona.
Since its operation in 2011, Fox Renderfarm has earned a good reputation for its quality performance, great customer service, and flexible pricing scheme. It also has completed MPA’s Content Security Best Practices and officially became a TPN Trusted Partner to ensure more security of the render farm.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, Unreal Engine, Arnold, V-Ray, Redshift, RenderMan, Corona.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2660, Intel Xeon E5-2678 V3, Intel Xeon 8179M.
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, RTX 2080Ti, RTX 3090.
- Price: $2 per node hour for GPU rendering | $0.06 per core hour for CPU rendering.
GarageFarm is a world-class & affordable cloud render farm. It connects with your 3D software, automates the rendering process, and provides 24/7 support. The render farm supports a large number of 3D applications, render engines, and plugins.
Since 2010, GarageFarm has provided professional cloud rendering services to all major CG industries around the globe. Whether you are a freelancer, a few people growing studio, or an established large company from the most remote place on Earth, it has your back. Moreover, the render farm has a team of IT experts that you can turn to 24/7.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, Redshift, Lightwave, Sketchup, Rhino, V-Ray, Corona, Arnold, Modo, VUE.
- CPU: Intel Xeon v4 22 physical cores, AMD Epyc 3rdgen 32 physical cores.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX A5000, P100.
- Price: $0.0033 – $0.01 per OB hour for GPU rendering | $0.02 – $0.06 per Ghz hour for CPU rendering.
iRender is one of the best online render farms for animation. It provides high-performance machines for both GPU and CPU rendering. The render farm is based on IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-service) model, enabling you to install any software on its remote servers. In other words, it can support all 3D software, renderers, and plugins.
Since its operation in 2019, iRender has assisted many CG artists and studios around the world to tackle their heavy rendering tasks. A dedicated support team for 24/7 together with various pricing and discounts are what you will get when using iRender.
- Software support: All applications: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, Houdini, Redshift, Octane, V-Ray, Arnold, Unreal Engine, Lumion, D5, Keyshot, etc.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX, 5975WX.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 4090, RTX 3090.
- Price: $7.2 – $42 per node hour.
Ranch Computing is a powerful and easy-to-use render farm for all your 3D projects. It provides affordable CPU and GPU rendering services as well as hardware rental. It supports many popular 3D software packages including Cinema 4D, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, and Houdini.
With more than 15 years of experience, Ranch Computing has provided a comprehensive rendering solution tailored to our customers’ needs, regardless of their industry and company size. In addition, it has 97% satisfaction with the customer service.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Blender, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Indigo Render, LightWave, Maxwell, Maya, Arnold, Corona, Redshift, V-Ray, Octane, RenderMan, FStorm.
- CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, Dual Xeon E5-2697A v4.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090, RTX 2080Ti.
- Price: €0.008 – €0.013 per OB hour for GPU rendering | €0.016 – €0.021 per Ghz hour for CPU rendering.
RebusFarm is a fast and reliable online render farm for animation. It offers CPU and GPU render service with an easy-to-use interface and 24/7 support. The render farm supports a good number of 3D applications and render engines.
With more than 17 years of experience, RebusFarm has become a great solution for all 3D artists, no matter if you are a freelancer, a studio, or a student. It is always ready to help you make the tightest deadlines with ease.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender, V-Ray, Corona, Redshift, Octane, Maxwell, Modo, Softimage, Lightwave, SketchUp, Rhino, Arnold.
- CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X, Intel i9-7980XE.
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000.
- Price: 0.49 cent per OB hour for GPU rendering | 1.30 cent per Ghz hour for CPU rendering.
Next are 5 Runner-ups for Best Online Render Farms for Animation.
AnimaRender is a good online CPU and GPU render farm. It offers comfortable working conditions for companies, both in individual payment terms by bank transfer and integration into the farm workflow. Moreover, it supports all the popular software for 3D modeling, such as 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, and Blender. The render farm also supports different renderers and a variety of plug-ins.
What’s great about AnimaRender is free tests whenever you need to render. Besides, you will get multilingual technical support and a personal project manager from the farm.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, Houdini, Blender, After Effects, Octane, Redshift, Corona, V-Ray, Arnold.
- CPU: Dual Xeon, Threadripper 3970x.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070Ti, RTX 2080Ti, GTX 1080Ti.
- Price: $0.01 per OB hour for GPU rendering | $0.5 – $4.95 per server hour for CPU rendering.
ForRender is a high-quality online render farm for animation. It allows you to use its CPU and GPU rendering service with a flexible system of capacity and tariff selection. The render farm supports more than 20 kinds of 3D rendering software.
With powerful servers, flexible pricing and configuration, ForRender is very relevant for all people working in the field of creation and processing of 3D graphics. In addition, you can get help from your personal assistant.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Arnold, Corona, V-Ray, Redshift, Octane, RenderMan, After Effects, Modo, Lightwave, Nuke, Clarisse, Keyshot, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino, VUE, Indigo Render, Terragen.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2670.
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, RTX 3090.
- Price: $2 – $35 per server hour for GPU rendering | $0.0038 – $0.012 per Ghz hour for CPU rendering.
GridMarkets is a professional 3D rendering and simulation service. It empowers studios and artists with its simple, scalable, and secure solutions. The render farm supports the leading 3D and VFX software applications, plugins, and render engines, with a focus on Houdini.
Founded in 2011, GridMarkets simplifies and accelerates animation rendering and simulation workflows. Its service includes powerful CPUs and GPUs, flexible price plans, and scalable options to fit every budget and timeline.
- Software support: Houdini, Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Unreal Engine, Arnold, Redshift, RenderMan, V-Ray.
- CPU: A CPU machine can have 16 / 48 / 64 / 96 threads.
- GPU: Nvidia P100, V100. A GPU machine can have 220 / 330 / 440 / 660 / 1200 / 2400 / 4800 OctaneBench score
- Price: $0.98 – $43.42 per machine hour for GPU rendering | $0.19 – $4.45 per machine hour for CPU rendering.
Super Renders Farm is a powerful online render farm for animation. It is seamless and easy to integrate within the 3D applications. The render farm supports the most popular 3D software and render engines such as 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, V-Ray, Corona, Redshift, etc.
Founded in 2017, the team has brought great solutions to 3D companies, institutions, and VFX artists to speed up their CG works including animated movie projects, and architectural projects, and minimize the costs.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, V-Ray, Corona, Redshift, Arnold, Octane, After Effects, Fusion, Clarisse, Houdini.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 4090.
- Price: $0.003 per OB hour for GPU rendering | $0.004 per Ghz hour for CPU rendering.
TurboRender is an efficient render farm that provides CPU and GPU cloud rendering services. It accelerates the renders with high priority and powerful servers for all users. The render farm supports popular 3D software including 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, and Houdini.
Having been on the market for more than 10 years, TurboRender has provided cloud-based rendering services to hundreds of thousands of users around the world – 3D artists, motion designers, visual effects designers, and illustrators. Furthermore, it has an outstanding team of specialists that will support you 24/7.
- Software support: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, Houdini, After Effects, Arnold, Corona, V-Ray, Redshift, Octane.
- CPU: Xeon Gold 5220 16 cores.
- GPU: A 4x GPU server can have 1220 and 2616 OctaneBench.
- Price: $4.37 – $8.74 per render-hour for GPU rendering | $0.87 per render-hour for CPU rendering.
Conclusion – Best Online Render Farms for Animation
To sum up, the 10 best online render farms for animation in 2023 by VFXRendering are Fox Renderfarm, GarageFarm, iRender, Ranch Computing, RebusFarm, AnimaRender, ForRender, GridMarkets, Super Renders Farm, and TurboRender.